Trump Confirms He Hires 'Dumb' Staff Who Are 'Lazy As Hell'

According to Trump's own words, he has an astonishing ability to pick mentally incompetent, treasonous, lying scumbags to work for him. Like Rex Tillerson.
Rex Tillerson

Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson admitted recently that Donald Trump was an "undisciplined" leader who "doesn't like to read". The president of course, hit back with his usual grace and wit.

Trump took to Twitter to call Tillerson "dumb as a rock," "lazy as hell," and claimed he didn't have the "mental capacity" for the role:

According to Tillerson, who despite his general criminality, was one of the only vaguely sane people in Trump's administration, the inverse was in fact the case.

“So often, the president would say here's what I want to do and here's how I want to do it and I would have to say to him, Mr. President I understand what you want to do but you can't do it that way. It violates the law," said Tillerson according to the Houston Chronicle.

“I think he grew tired of me being the guy every day who told him he can’t do that and let’s talk about what he can do.”

In other words, Tillerson didn't want to go to jail for being an idiot, and tried his best to stop Trump creating unnecessary legal problems for himself.

“What was challenging for me," said Tillerson, "coming from the disciplined, highly process-oriented ExxonMobil corporation – to go to work for a man who is pretty undisciplined, doesn’t like to read, doesn’t read briefing reports, doesn’t like to get into the details of a lot of things, but rather just kinda says, ‘Look, this is what I believe.'"

Trump's response, predictable as it was, is explicit confirmation that president is either the worst leader in history or a pathological liar. According to Trump's own words, he has an astonishing ability to pick mentally incompetent, treasonous, lying scumbags to work for him. According to Trump, people like Omarosa Newman to Michael Cohen and Rex Tillerson were simply incapable of doing their jobs. Either that, or he is lying about them.

By his own criteria, Trump is then incapable of being president. A mark of a good leader is their ability to hire sane, competent people who can carry out their duty without creating unnecessary conflict. Trump hires people who do the exact opposite of that -- again, this according to his own admission.

Of course Trump would have to have a modicum of self awareness to realize this quite serious flaw in himself. But as Rex Tillerson and everyone else smart enough to leave the sinking ship has pointed out, the president has none.

RELATED