The real victim of the "MAGA Bomber" is Trump, of course.

I'm not breaking any news when I announce that I have total contempt for our current president. This is about more than just my mirror-opposite view of the issues. This is about Donald Trump as a man. Everything I've learned about character, ethics, morality, and especially masculinity is contradicted by Trump.

Frankly, it's disillusioning to know that so many of the Baby Boomers who raised me and the rest of Gen-X, teaching us the aforementioned lessons about humanity, have seemingly abandoned those values in lieu of endorsing his loathsome ogre, this nouveau riche dilettante.

Normals, however, recognize Trump as nothing more than an overly indulged street hustler propped up by his father's wealth -- a story we've read before, chiefly about the previous Republican president.

What distinguishes Trump as a man from other politicians of privilege is this: as often as he postures, as often as he poses as an alpha-dog, he's arguably the whiniest president. Like full diaper whiny.

While he routinely insists he's winning, he so often betrays his own brags by positioning himself as the perpetual victim. Everyone's against him. Everyone's so unfair to Trump, he says nearly every time he opens his mouth. What's infuriating about this beyond its childishness is the fact that he regularly behaves like the world's post powerful prick, but when his behavior is published in the news, he whines about how unfair it is that journalists are describing him exactly the way he is.

It's the whining that burns me the most, accompanied closely by the ceaseless victim-mongering. Even after one of his Red Hat disciples targeted Trump's personal enemies list for assassination, it's not Obama who's the victim -- it's not Hillary Clinton or Eric Holder or Cory Booker or James Clapper. The victim here is Trump. According to, of course, Trump.

This afternoon, on his way to Marine One on the south lawn of the White House, Trump stopped to speak with reporters -- you know, the enemies of the people -- something he does often. During his informal session with the so-called Fake News, this exchange occurred about the arrest of the MAGA Bomber suspect:

Q: "Would you yourself pledge to tone down the rhetoric for the next few days?"

TRUMP: "I think I've been toned down, if you want to know the truth. I could really tone it up because as you know the media's been extremely unfair to me and to the Republican Party."

He hasn't toned down anything. In fact, he was up at 3 a.m. eastern, attacking CNN once again, despite what the CNN staff has been through this week.

trump-cnn

You know what the difference is between Trump and CNN and why Trump is held to a different standard? Trump is the president!

Nevertheless, more whining.

He followed it up this afternoon with, you guessed it, more whining: "[T]he media's been extremely unfair to me and to the Republican Party," the president cried.

Boo-hoo.

The press has merely reported on exactly what Trump says and does. Actually, a few national publications, including the "Failing New York Times," refuse to call Trump a liar. That's eminently fair, if not completely misleading. Nevertheless, everything we've learned about Trump through The Washington Post and the Times, among others, is usually corroborated by literally dozens of sources and Trump's own tweets and public blurts.

Has the press lied about Trump's obnoxious rallies? His tweets? From nearly every reporter, we hear the same analysis: their sources are literally dozens of Trump's own staffers, actively betraying their boss. Meanwhile, does Trump ever offer contravening evidence? Never. Usually, Trump's denials are composed of ridiculously obvious lies. And more whining.

Leaders aren't supposed to act like this. Everyone from little league coaches on up to the commander-in-chief should be expected to lead by positive example, nothing less. I seriously doubt any "soccer mom" would allow a coach to act like Trump. Presidents in particular are supposed to set an example of ascetic bravery and stoicism in the face of the ceaseless reporting about the office. Trump, on the other hand, expects us to feel sorry for the (alleged) billionaire president whose party controls all three branches, not to mention the most-watched cable news network and the entire AM radio dial.

Again, boo-hoo.

We can't stop expecting more from our leaders, especially this one. As soon as we validate the whining and the gooey, infantile "who me?" victimhood, leadership becomes irrelevant. If the president is allowed to act like the most pathetic, minuscule, sad-sack characters in society, what's the point of even having leadership? Trump doesn't get this, and his brainwashed cult followers never will.

11 days to go...

RELATED