I suppose it was inevitable that during an era in which Donald Trump is perpetually flooding the zone with madness that we'd also get a Supreme Court nominee, Brett Kavanaugh, who brings with him a seemingly endless syllabus of baggage.

Now, after weeks of speculation as well as a series of televised confirmation hearings, we're hearing about yet another black mark against Kavanaugh, and it could be the nail in his nomination coffin. A college professor named Christine Blasey Ford has accused Kavanaugh of attempting to rape her during a party when they were both teenagers. Now, Ford has chosen to take her accusations public while exposing herself to the full force of the conservative entertainment complex's smear machine.

It's difficult to tell where this is headed in terms of a confirmation, but cracks are beginning to appear with Republican Senators Collins and Flake, as well as Chuck Grassley, the chairman of the Judiciary Committee suggesting that it might be appropriate to delay the confirmation vote until they've sussed out the story from Ford during testimony under oath. (Ford has passed a lie detector, which should probably be administered to Kavanaugh next.)

Maybe we need to pause the process, y'know, until we figure out what the hell is going on.

As I said, this is another in a long list of items that, when combined, ought to force Kavanaugh to withdraw from the fight. Hell, the controversy surrounding Ronny Jackson's rather generous policy when it comes to doling out prescription meds was comparatively nothing when contrasted with Kavanaugh's myriad problems -- and Jackson withdrew his nomination when tapped by Trump to run Veterans Affairs.

While every allegation should be taken seriously against a would-be lifetime appointment to be one-ninth of an institution composing one-third of the federal government, one very serious gripe against Kavanaugh needs to be given more attention. Maybe not as much attention as Professor Ford's story, but it's almost as serious.

We know by now that Trump is an agent of the Kremlin. We know that to a certain extent, Vladimir Putin is puppeteering the president. A horrifying thought, and it's an observation that grows more -- not less -- valid as time wears on and as new bombshell stories drop.

It turns out there's also evidence that Trump is puppeteering Brett Kavanaugh.

If we rewind to July 9, 2018, you might recall the televised event at the White House in which Trump formally announced Kavanaugh as his choice to succeed Anthony Kennedy on the Bench. After Trump wrapped up his prepared remarks, Kavanaugh stepped up to Trump's special bendy microphone to accept the nod. Here's the third sentence Kavanaugh spoke:

No President has ever consulted more widely, or talked with more people from more backgrounds, to seek input about a Supreme Court nomination [than Trump].

Two things here.

1) The third sentence out of Kavanaugh's yapper was a lie. I assure you, every president who's nominated a justice to the Supreme Court has done more vetting than Trump did with Kavanaugh -- or Gorsuch, for that matter. All of them.

Kavanaugh, however, expects us to believe that a president who spends half his work day yelling at the television; the second half of his day yelling at the world; and who spends his evenings masturbating to Sean Hannity apparently spent days if not weeks poring over legal briefs and interviewing witnesses when he spends every weekend desperately seeking affirmation from his guests at Sterling, Bedminster or Mar-a-lago.

But Kavanaugh also lied to the Judiciary Committee under oath, allegedly, so lying is not the most shocking aspect of what he said.

2) This sentence, "No President has ever consulted more widely, or talked with more people from more backgrounds, to seek input about a Supreme Court nomination," was clearly written by Trump who very likely insisted that Kavanaugh read it out loud as if Kavanaugh wrote it himself. Trump has a rather obvious track record of superlative boasts like this. "Nobody is less racist," "Nobody respects women more," "Nobody is better at the military," etc. I wrote an entire piece about Trump's bragging/lying along these lines.

Cutting to the chase, Trump puppeteered Kavanaugh, and Kavanaugh agreed to be puppeteered by the president. Making matters worse, it wouldn't be a stretch to observe that if Putin puppeteers Trump, then, Putin might also be puppeteering Kavanaugh.

After you're finished with your totally justifiable panic attack, read on.

The fact that Kavanaugh is an accused rapist augments a long series of reasons why he needs to withdraw. And despite the shit-show on the Hill, we can't overlook the broadstroke reality that an agent of the Kremlin not only nominated Kavanaugh but that this agent, Trump, is authoring at least some of Kavanaugh's words. Read the sentence again and tell me that's not a Trump-scripted brag.

Sadly, the confirmation hearings are over and not a single senator asked about Kavanaugh's relationship with Trump from this perspective -- from the perspective of Russia and Trump's fealty to Putin. That said, until he's confirmed or until he withdraws, we all need to be asking what else Kavanaugh plans to say per Trump's request.

National security, not to mention the future integrity of the Supreme Court is at stake.

RELATED