Posted on Jul 17, 2018

Want to Embarrass Republicans? Use The NRA

Posted in Culture, Media, Politics

Karl Marx once wrote that history repeats itself, once as tragedy and once as farce. This week, two very different people embodied this maxim as they fooled Republicans through the power of the NRA. The first was Sacha Baron Cohen, whose Showtime series Who is America? premiered this weekend. Disguised as ex-Mossad agent Erran Morrad, he met with Republican lawmakers and gun lobbyists to promote Kinder Guardians, a program teaching preschoolers...

Posted on Jul 16, 2018

This Madness Has To End

Posted in Members Only, Politics

Historians of the future are going to write volumes about what happened today in Helsinki, and there won’t be any kind words for Donald Trump in those thousands of pages. Rightfully so, given how the president announced in no uncertain terms his loyalty to Vladimir Putin over his loyalty to his own nation and the findings of his intelligence agencies regarding Russia’s ongoing attack against America, and he did...

Posted on Jul 16, 2018

MEMBERS ONLY: How A Viral Meme Conned Bret Easton Ellis Into Leaving The Democrats

Posted in Culture, Members Only

Let me confess a guilty secret: I subscribe and support American Psycho author Bret Easton Ellis’s Podcast. His show, titled “The Bret Easton Ellis Podcast” is an extension of the persona he cultivated through his novels and his Twitter account, and usually involves him ranting about whatever he doesn’t like in the current politically correct culture. He lambasts “snowflakes” and “social justice warriors,” and rarely brings anything valuable to our...

Posted on Jul 13, 2018

Robert Mueller Might Indict My Former Podcast Partner Soon

Posted in Politics

In addition to the indicted conspirators themselves, the charges handed down today against 12 Russian operatives by the Department of Justice includes allegations against a variety of unnamed co-conspirators. I happen to know one of those unnamed co-conspirators personally because I hosted a podcast with this co-conspirator for nearly a year. We’ll circle back to this, I assure you. It’s important, first, to make one thing abundantly clear. The...

Posted on Jul 13, 2018

Study Shows Trump Supporting States Hit Hardest By His Trade War

Posted in Politics

I happen to agree with president Trump when it comes to so-called free trade and nation states rights to protect their industries. Many global trade deals have been written for the sole benefit of transnational corporations and have helped drive wages down for average workers. NAFTA for example, was a terrible deal for many US workers who had no say in how it was crafted or implemented. That being...

Posted on Jul 12, 2018

Sacha Baron Cohen’s Sarah Palin Prank Has Trump Supporters Legitimately Freaked Out

Posted in Media, Politics

It is safe to say that Sacha Baron Cohen’s new CBS/Showtime series “Who Is America” is not going to portray Trump supporters in a very good light. Apparently, Sarah Palin was “duped” by the comedian famous for playing Ali G, Borat and Bruno, and took to her Facebook page to complain about it at length. Here was her hilariously badly constructed letter addressing Cohen’s “foreign commentaries” that “disrespect our US...

Posted on Jul 12, 2018

The Trump Balloon And London’s History Of Standing Up To Fascists

Posted in Politics

Donald Trump is about to visit London in a visit so carefully choreographed that the dancers at Cirque de Soleil would be proud. The deeply unpopular president is reviled by a far greater percentage of the population in the UK than he is in America, and he will learn just what the great city of London thinks about vile little fascists who seek to scapegoat minorities and pal around...

Posted on Jul 11, 2018

MEMBERS ONLY: Trump And Putin Are Setting The Table For World War III

Posted in Members Only, Politics

Earlier this week, I published an article describing a new hashtag campaign in which Trumpers and a massive swarm of Russian trolls are attempting to undermine Democratic unity by suggesting Dems should walk away from the party, and just in time for easily the most consequential midterms we’ve ever witnessed. The “WalkAway” concept was allegedly started by a New York hairdresser named Brandon Straka who claims to have been...

The Banter Needs Your Support! Learn About Becoming a Member:Support Good Journalism
+ +