Welcome back to Monday, gerbils. Off to the wheel with you. Here are some headlines and internet tidbits to numb the pain.
1. But, but — WORSE THAN BUSH!
2. Remember that Abe Vigoda is still alive.
3. Meet a pastor who says that vaccines interfere with God’s will and a mother who says this: “I’m not scared of my children getting any diseases. I’m scared of the vaccine. They’re man-made concoctions that are injected straight into the blood stream.” Journey down the rabbit hole of ignorance, arrogance and idiocy.
4. Speaking of conspiracy theories, you know how all those friends of yours are worrying about a supervolcano eruption in Yellowstone because of a thirty-second video clip of a bunch of running buffalos they’ve posted on Facebook? Yeah, please give them this.
5. Last week marked 20 years since the death of Kurt Cobain, our last great rock-and-roll martyr. With word of the original line-up of Hole reforming and Soundgarden and Nine Inch Nails going on tour together, it’s like my 20s all over again (only without the giant handfuls of drugs). But always at the center of that era and our collective memory of it is Kurt — his impact and now his legacy.
6. Fuck yeah, Arya.
7. This six-year-old piece was very wisely just republished and is absolutely worth reading (again).
Chez Pazienza was the beating heart of The Daily Banter, sadly passing away on February 25, 2017. His voice remains ever present at the Banter, and his influence as powerful as ever.