It’s Friday, so kick back, relax and pore over these headlines and internet goodies while you wait to bail and go get to drinking.
1. An “Orwellian Monopoly.” That’s a good way to put it.
2. Matt Taibbi is back with a lengthy piece in Rolling Stone that will, as usual, both entertain and infuriate the hell out of you. Also, Drake is pissed Taibbi got such a big spread.
3. Ever wonder why celebrity magazines use yellow lettering on their covers? Why almost all magazines now have a lot of words printed on their covers as opposed to the subtle designs of yesteryear? Wonder no more.
4. Because it’s Valentine’s Day and you’ll probably be a) blowing way too much money, b) screwing up big time and sleeping alone, or c) sitting on your couch drinking beer and eating Häagen-Dazs tonight, we offer this to you: bittersweet words of wisdom on a question that’s haunted us all at one time or another.
5. And if you do manage to have a good night tonight, there’s this.
Chez Pazienza was the beating heart of The Daily Banter, sadly passing away on February 25, 2017. His voice remains ever present at the Banter, and his influence as powerful as ever.