The meeting between the presumed House Speaker and the president had striking similarities to a key scene from Shakespeare.

In his latest book, Tyrant: Shakespeare on Politics, Pulitzer-Prize winning historian Stephen Greenblatt analyzes the Bard's most power-hungry characters. The book never mentions Donald Trump by name, but it is easy to see the parallels between our president and the characters Greenblatt writes about, especially Richard III.

"He is pathologically narcissistic and supremely arrogant," writes Greenblatt. "He has a grotesque sense of entitlement, never doubting that he can do whatever he chooses.....

To continue reading this article, please go to our Members Only site, Banter M

RELATED