Sure, it burnishes our liberal cred to piss on his grave in view of our friends on Twitter. But we'd do well to see the broader context of the American presidency, especially now when the institution is being wrecked by Trump.

Being a liberal Democrat, there are certain opinions that I have to either keep to myself or roll the dice and mention publicly at the risk of irritating people who might otherwise agree with me on...whatever. It's never a pleasant experience, but I've tended toward going public and owning it, rather than withholding my views out of fear....

To continue reading this article, please go to our digital magazine Banter M.

(Image via AP)

RELATED