Children should be able to find their friends and initiate play on their own without having their parents set it up for them. Taking that away deprives them of a critical social skill.

When I was a kid in the 70s, I was outside riding my big wheels when a dog got annoyed by the sound of the plastic wheel grinding against the concrete and took a bite out of my leg. Since I was by myself, I limped into my apartment building, crying hysterically cause it freaking hurt, took the elevator up to my floor and limped down the hall to my apartment to let my mother know a dog had bitten me. I left a trail of blood the entire way....To continue reading this article, please go here.

RELATED