Just as Americans tolerated elementary school children being blown to pieces by military grade assault rifles, dying or losing your house due to a medical condition was simply part of life.

(Image source: via screengrab)

When I first moved to America in the late 90’s (and then again in 2004) I remember listening to people’s horror stories about insane medical care costs. It was routine for people to face bankruptcy due to medical bills, despite having insurance. And then there were those without insurance who simply didn’t get treated and often died as a result. Now I know how bad the US health care system is firsthand....

To continue reading this article, please go here.

RELATED