What happens when you’re not a savant or even high functioning? How awesome is autism then? Hint: It’s not. It sucks.

(Image via iStock)

If you search my name and the word "ableist" online, you will find a very angry blog post from 5 years ago about what a terrible person I am for picking on autistic people...

To continue reading this article, please go here. As a Banter Member you'll get access to our beautiful, ad free digital magazine 'Banter M', and will be supporting fearless independent media at a critical moment in history. Thank you!

RELATED