Democrats and "Never Trump" Republicans need to form a working coalition to address structural changes to the presidency and other related institutions in order to prevent another Trump while fixing everything Trump himself has crushed under his ponderous, flailing bulk.

It's never easy taking an unpopular position. It's especially difficult when the unpopularity of the position comes from your own side of the political debate. I've somehow managed to be in this tight spot on more than one occasion....

To continue reading this article, please go here. As a Banter Member you'll get access to our beautiful, ad free digital magazine 'Banter M', and will be supporting fearless independent media at a critical moment in history. Thank you!

RELATED