BREAKING: Democrats Take The House In 2018 Midterms, Republicans Take Senate

It is now official, the Democrats will take control of the House in the 2018 midterms, and the Republicans will hold the Senate.
Image via AP

Image via AP

It is now official, the Democrats will take control of the House in the 2018 midterms, and the Republicans will hold the Senate. We reported earlier that Fox News had called the House it for the Democrats, but now MSNBC has officially called it too.

Just minutes ago, MSNBC also called the Senate for the GOP, right after it was announced that Ted Cruz had won over Beto O'Rourke in the tight Senate race in Texas.

The New York Times's live forecast states that there is a 95% chance the Democrats win the  House and a 95% chance the Republicans keep the Senate. The race is essentially over, and we now know what the political landscape will look like for the next two years.

We'll have an in depth analysis on the Banter later, but this is extremely good news for the Democrats regardless of the Republican spin. This cannot be portrayed in any way as a victory for Trump -- he managed to keep hold of the Senate in the most favorable map in history. No one thought the Democrats had a chance to win back the Senate, so should not come as a surprise to anyone who has been paying attention.

Donald Trump is now no longer Supreme Leader of the United States. He has a powerful Congress that will check his behavior at every turn and ensure he faces severe consequences for his criminal behavior. This is victory for American democracy, and do not let anyone convince you otherwise.

RELATED