Let's Just Say It: The Right Loves Terrorism

Fear and violence is how they stay in power.
181025-cnn-bomb

Last year, Rep. Steve Scalise and several other Republicans were shot by an angry man with a political agenda. He was universally condemned by both the left and the right. A few voices on the left made supportive comments but were generally ripped apart for it.

This week, almost a dozen bombs were mailed out to prominent liberal critics of Donald Trump. As of this writing, the latest were sent to Robert De Niro and Joe Biden. No one has been killed yet but the condemnation has not been universal. In fact, there's barely been any from the right at all:

Even Lou Dobbs got in on the action but then tried to delete it. Nice try, buddy.

You don't even want to know what it's like over at Breitbart.

As far as the right is concerned, none of this is real or it's funny as hell. Mind you, these are the same people that just last week were curled up on the floor sobbing about liberal "mobs" that were hurting their feelings. They were foaming at the mouth that Eric Holder said "when they go low, we kick them" and made it clear that he was speaking metaphorically.

But every time the right lashes out in rage, well, that's OK. Heck, Gavin McInnes, the creepy leader of the Brownshirt gang called the "Proud Boys" is on video calling for literal violence:

“Fighting solves everything. We need more violence from the Trump people. Trump supporters: choke a motherfucker. Choke a bitch. Choke a tranny. Get your fingers around the windpipe.”

“If I do a video where I say ‘how about we start throwing bricks’, is that legal? You can’t call for violence on a specific person … Can you call for violence generally?” he asked. “‘Cause I am.”

Not a peep of condemnation from the right. So let's put it out there: The American right wing loves terrorism. They enable it. They cheer it. They defend it. They have a long history of being terrorists.

You think I'm out of line? What do you think the Klu Klux Klan is? They were, at their height, one of the largest terrorist organizations to ever exist with a membership of three to six million in the 1920s. They waged a campaign of violence across the South that was so brutal that millions of blacks fled to the North. The sanitized story is that they came seeking "economic opportunity" but the reality is that they were fleeing terrorism no different than the refugees fleeing Central American countries. The only difference is that this all happened within the United States and the government allowed it to go on for years.

Even after the KKK was eventually broken by the government, the terrorism didn't stop. Instead of hiding behind a hood, the violence hid behind a badge. The police continued to destroy black lives and deny them their rights. It still goes on today with the full-throated support of the right. They scream "All Lives Matter!" and then laugh when an unarmed black teen is killed.

But aside from "legal" terrorism, the right still employs the old-fashioned kind to the applause of the right-wing masses. The Bundys were national heroes to the Fox News crowd for pointing guns at government officials. Dylann Roof is a god to the alt-right for murdering 9 black churchgoers in cold blood. Elliot Rodgers is still called the "Supreme Gentleman" for killing 7 people in retaliation for women not fucking him on demand.

The right gets off on terrorism. They see violence against their "enemies" as just and patriotic. Worse, they see it as moral because we're not really people to them. We are The Enemy and that means we are disposable.

For the last several minutes, any conservative reading this has been screaming "What about Antifa?! Huh?! Huh?!"

Fuck you.

Want to know why Antifa is different? Because punching Nazis is not the same as punching a Republican (unless they're a Nazi). Nazi ideology is inseparable from genocide. You can't be a "good" Nazi that wants to coexist with Jews and homosexuals and black people. To embrace Nazism is to embrace the fundamental concept that everyone you decree to be genetically unfit must be exterminated. So when you wear a swastika on your arm you are saying, as plain as day, that you intend to murder me and my children the second you think you can get away with it. Forgive me if I don't shed a tear when Antifa cracks your skull open.

The same goes for white nationalists that don't worship Hitler. I don't care how often you say you want to peacefully remove all of the brown (and Jews, and gays, etc.) people from America, we both know it's going to become a bloodbath when you start. It's not terrorism when you're defending your life.

It is, however, terrorism when you're trying to cling to power. And that's what the right is all about. That's why they've been growing increasingly violent these past several years. The demographic electoral doom is almost upon them and they're begging for a race war they think they'll win. Barring that, they'll settle for terrorizing the population into letting them stay in power for another few decades until they rig the system to the point of apartheid.

After the Republicans are crushed in the midterms, right-wing violence is going to ramp up to unbelievable levels. Trump, under threat by Democratic subpoenas, will whip the rabid hate of his base into a frenzy of rage that will look to strike back at his enemies. They're already going to be convinced that the election was stolen (something they currently believe is impossible). All it will take is a few words of encouragement from Trump and his followers will be more than happy to "take back America" from The Enemy.

Later, when the coming economic crash annihilates red states again, Republicans will blame Democrats and immigrants, spurring white Republican voters to even more acts of violence. Facing another crushing defeat in 2020 and a long-term shift in power as redistricting undoes the permanent House majority Republicans engineered and several states with new Democratic governors undo GOP voter suppression, the right will increasingly turn to domestic terrorism.

This is how they respond to a loss of power and this is what we have to look forward to. This doesn't happen when the left loses because unlike the right, we don't care for terrorism. But the right loves it. They always have. It appeals to their rage. It appeals to their illusion of toughness. By pretending they're patriotic "freedom fighters", they convince themselves that America hasn't rejected their repulsive worldview.

But the bottom line is that the right loves the violence because they're weak and afraid just like every terrorist throughout history. That's why they always lose in the end.

RELATED