Trump: 'My Uncle Was At MIT, I Didn't Talk To Him, But I Have Natural Instinct For Science'

In an interview published with the Associated Press Donald Trump claimed he has a "natural instinct for science" that allows him to discern what is true and what is false when it comes to climate change.
bill-nye-has-a-great-response-to-trumps-outrageous-statements-about-climate-change

In an interview published with the Associated Press today, Donald Trump claimed he has a "natural instinct for science" that allows him to discern what is true and what is false when it comes to climate change.

According to Trump, these supernatural instincts developed outside of any accredited university or scientific institution are a product of his bloodline, specifically an uncle who was a professor at MIT.

"You have scientists on both sides of it. My uncle was a great professor at MIT for many years, Dr. John Trump," Trump said. "And I didn’t talk to him about this particular subject, but I have a natural instinct for science, and I will say that you have scientists on both sides of the picture."

So there you have it. Trump knows there are "two sides" to the climate change debate because had an uncle at MIT whom he didn't speak with about global warming or the science behind it, but passed his "instinct for science" to his nephew who spent the vast majority of his career in real estate and reality TV.

Incidentally, Trump's uncle, John G. Trump, was an engineer and physicist, not a climate scientist, biologist, or environmentalist. No matter, according to Trump, who believes that the climate "goes back and forth, back and forth," and global warming is a "Chinese hoax" created to make "US manufacturing non-competitive".  The mere fact that he went to MIT and is related to Trump gives him the knowledge and judgement needed to guide the world's largest economy during the biggest environmental crisis in human history.

Trump also told the AP that, "everything I want and everything I have is clean. Clean is very important — water, air....I want absolutely crystal clear water and I want the cleanest air on the planet and our air now is cleaner than it’s ever been. Very important to me."

It is so important to Trump that he is unwilling to do anything about it.

"What I’m not willing to do is sacrifice the economic well-being of our country for something that nobody really knows," he said.

There is little point going into the overwhelming evidence for man-made global warming given almost every reputable scientist on the planet believes it to be the case (NASA puts the number at 97%). There is also little point in trying to explain the devastating effects climate change is going to have on the US and global economy (Stanford University researchers recently reported that the Paris Accord would save the world tens of trillions of dollars in avoided climate damages, far outweighing most estimated costs). Why? Because Trump has his own scientific instincts he relies on that inform him what to do, and they tell him that global warming will in fact be "fabulous".

RELATED