Sorry Trumpers, It Turns Out Elizabeth Warren Really Is Part Native American

Senator Elizabeth Warren made the results of her DNA test public today, which shows “strong evidence’’ that she has a Native American ancestor.
Updated:
Original:
Elizabeth Warren Donald Trump

Elizabeth Warren Donald Trump

So we have to actually do this. Elizabeth Warren, or "Pocahontas" as president Trump derisively likes to call her, is in fact part Native American as her DNA test results show.

Senator Warren made the results of her DNA test public today, which shows “strong evidence’’ that she has a Native American ancestor, according to Carlos D. Bustamante, a Stanford University professor who administered the test.

This should finally put and end to the horrible insults Trump and his legion of Alt Right misanthropes have been hurling at Warren after she opened up about her family's stories of Native American ancestry. Trump told his rabid fans earlier this month that he hoped Warren would run for president so he could finally find our “whether or not she has Indian blood.” He has offered her $1 million if she released the results, and suggested earlier this year that he would throw a DNA kit at her during a potential presidential debate.

“We have to do it gently, because we’re in the #MeToo generation," said Trump at a rally in Montana. "So we have to be very gentle.”

Well, now we know the results and await Trump's donation of $1 million to a charity of Warren's choosing. The test results show fairly conclusively that Warren had a Native American in her family tree dating back 6 to 10 generations. From the Boston Globe

He [Bustamente] concluded that “the vast majority” of Warren’s ancestry is European, but he added that “the results strongly support the existence of an unadmixed Native American ancestor.”

Bustamante calculated that Warren’s pure Native American ancestor appears in her family tree “in the range of 6-10 generations ago.” That timing fits Warren’s family lore, passed down during her Oklahoma upbringing, that her great-great-great-grandmother, O.C. Sarah Smith, was at least partially Native American.....

There were five parts of Warren’s DNA that signaled she had a Native American ancestor, according to the report. The largest piece of Native American DNA was found on her 10th chromosome, according to the report. Each human has 23 pairs of chromosomes.

“It really stood out,” said Bustamante in an interview. “We found five segments, and that long segment was pretty significant. It tells us about one ancestor, and we can’t rule out more ancestors.”

He added: “We are confident it is not an error.”

While Warren's Native American ancestry isn't extensive, it is worth pointing out how much she has compared to the average white European.  Bustamante compared Warren’s DNA to white populations in Great Britain and Utah and discovered that she has "12 times more Native American blood than a white person from Great Britain and 10 times more than a white person from Utah, the report found."

Not that any of this will matter -- Trump can write this off as "fake news" or "fake science" and figure out another way to continue insulting Warren. He rightly sees her as a threat in 2020, and Warren's decision to release her ancestry results is a sign that she is most certainly eying a run at the White House.

Warren has already released 10 years worth of her tax returns, and appears to be signaling to the public that she will be the polar opposite of Trump in every way conceivable. A transparent candidate who has nothing to hide could well be the perfect antidote to the most corrupt president in the history of the Republic. While Trump won't disclose anything willingly about his business dealings, tax scams or personal life to the public, Warren is doing the reverse, and laying the groundwork for a showdown that will be fought on her terms and not Trump's.

RELATED