According to Sullivan, both Christine Ford and Brett Kavanaugh were compelling witnesses, and both sides should be believed.

To Andrew Sullivan, Kavanaugh behaved like an innocent man during the Senate hearing, but to most victims of sexual assault, he behaved as any guilty person would have done. How can I say this with confidence? Because I was sexually assaulted as a teenager in boarding school in the UK, and I sat through a trial watching an accomplished, well respected figure in the community convincingly cry and lie his way out of a conviction....

To continue reading this article, please go here. As a Banter Member you'll get access to our beautiful, ad free digital magazine 'Banter M', and will be supporting fearless independent media at a critical moment in history. Thank you!

RELATED