To Andrew Sullivan, Kavanaugh behaved like an innocent man during the Senate hearing, but to most victims of sexual assault, he behaved as any guilty person would have done. How can I say this with confidence? Because I was sexually assaulted as a teenager in boarding school in the UK, and I sat through a trial watching an accomplished, well respected figure in the community convincingly cry and lie his way out of a conviction....

To continue reading this article, please go here. As a Banter Member you'll get access to our beautiful, ad free digital magazine 'Banter M', and will be supporting fearless independent media at a critical moment in history. Thank you!

RELATED