Michael Avenatti Is The Democrat We Have Been Waiting For

Stormy Daniels lawyer Michael Avenatti recently issued a chilling threat on CNN to anyone attempting to discredit a new accuser of Brett Kavanaugh.
Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 12.19.15 PM

From refusing to unequivocally endorse Medicare For All to promising to find common ground with Donald Trump, the Democrats have had a very hard time convincing their base they mean business when it comes to rescuing American democracy from the grips of a madman.

This theme has been hammered home by the likes of Bill Maher and Michael Moore, who have been pleading with Democrats to find their voice and, you know, fight. It isn't good enough to denounce Trumpism, and it isn't good enough to offer piecemeal solutions to systemic problems facing the country. There must be full scale resistance to Donald Trump and his gang of thugs in the White House, and there must be a bold alternative to the horseshit policies Republicans have been ramming down the public's throat for decades.

To rally the troops around these basic principles, the left is in dire need of fighters -- men and women who are unafraid to tell Republicans to go fuck themselves and do whatever is necessary to win. And that is why I believe Stormy Daniels lawyer Michael Avenatti is the Democrat we have all been waiting for.

Sure, he's a bit of an ambulance chaser and a shameless self promoting blowhard, but my God does the man fight. From battering Tucker Carlson on his own show to humiliating Rudy Giuliani on Twitter, Avenatti relishes going to war with Republicans. And he is very, very good at it.

Take for example, his recently issued threat to anyone attempting to discredit a new accuser of Brett Kavanaugh. Speaking to Chris Cuomo last night on CNN, Avenatti claimed the new victim he is representing, who apparently had security clearances issued by the federal government, will speak out in the next two days. He issued a chilling warning to the president, saying "So let this be a warning to Donald Trump, Brett Kavanaugh and other surrogates on the Senate Judiciary Committee. Be very, very careful if you launch some smear campaign against my client because you will ultimately be shown to be a fraud.”

Avenatti also reminded viewers that so far, he has consistently delivered on his promises.

"Let me just be really clear about this," he said. "Anyone who has been paying attention over the last six or seven months, they know that I do not traffic in rumor and nonsense. I state facts and I have evidence to back it up."

You might not want to have Michael Avenatti round for dinner, but you'd definitely want him representing you in court. Or in this case, committed to bringing down a morally bankrupt megalomaniac who has no business being in the White House. Avenatti is not directly comparable to Trump, but it is clear he is comfortable swimming in the same murky waters the president bathes in. He has no problem fighting Trump and the unscrupulous Republicans supporting him on their own terms. And for the most part, he gets the better of them -- a rarity for Democrats who are too often afraid to fight fire with fire.

"Buckle up, buttercup" Avenatti told Rudy Giuliani after Michael Cohen agreed to flip on Trump.

More of this, please. Much more.

RELATED