It is telling that minorities overwhelmingly voted for Hillary Clinton in the Democratic primaries in 2016, eschewing the politics of Bernie Sanders — a huge favorite amongst white college students and hard left liberals. Why?

It took a number of years for me to figure out why none of my minority friends saw things the same why I did. Over time, I began to see that because I was so enamored with my own brilliance, I could not see that my own experience of life had colored the way I thought politics in America worked.

As a white, Jewish, and middle class male, I was used to things working out for me. I could go to whatever school I wanted to, could complain to figures authority and have them listen to me, walk down the street without getting arrested at night...

To continue reading this article, please go here. As a Banter Member you'll get access to our beautiful, ad free digital magazine 'Banter M', and will be supporting fearless independent media at a critical moment in history. Thank you!

RELATED