The Final Quote Of Bob Woodward's Book: "You're A F*cking Liar" - The Daily Banter

The Final Quote Of Bob Woodward's Book: "You're A F*cking Liar"

On the Late Show with Stephen Colbert last night, a particular quote was read out from Bob Woodward's book that is a shocking indictment of the predicament we are in.
Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 11.59.46 AM

The staff at the Banter have not obtained a copy of Bob Woodward's new book 'Fear' to review yet, but enough excerpts have now been released to make an informed judgment about the inner workings of the Trump administration.

On the Late Show with Stephen Colbert last night, a particular quote was read out that is a shocking indictment of the predicament we are in, and highlights just how bad things have gotten.

From what has been released to the press thus far and from Woodward's comments to the media, it is clear that we are witnessing the collapse of the White House. The Trump administration is not just dysfunctional, it is at war with itself and so deeply damaged that it can never recover. Aides are so concerned about Trump's deranged mental state that they are working furiously to stop the president from doing his job. They believe he is incapable of fulfilling his duties as president to the point where he is an active danger to national security.

Woodward's book, or at least the parts of his book we know about, have sent shockwaves throughout Washington DC, perhaps more so than anything other high profile account of the inner workings of the Trump administration. Woodward is a highly respected journalist with virtually unimpeachable credentials, so when he quotes someone and publishes it, you can be almost certain that is exactly what they said.

Stephen Colbert interviewed Woodward about his work, and made a point to emphasize the final quote at the end of the book. Woodward had felt compelled to end his story on an interaction between president Trump and his lawyer John Dowd -- a mock interview in preparation for a potential sit down with Robert Mueller. Woodward described the interview as being completely chaotic with Trump going "ballistic," "screaming," and "making things up". According to Woodward, Dowd then tells Trump he is incapable of testifying, because he is "disabled" and "can't tell the truth".

Colbert then read the final quote to his audience:

“Dowd knew but could not bring himself to say to the president: ‘You’re a fucking liar.’”

“I think you buried the lede,” Colbert told Woodward.

It is worth remembering that these quotes do not come from leftists, liberal blogs, Democrats, the 'Fake News Media' or actors in the 'Deep State'. These are Trump's own people speaking, and they believe he is an idiot and a liar.

We now know there is an active mutiny underway in the White House, but it needs to escalate before it really is too late.

RELATED