Being a parent is hard enough, but taking the place of a deadbeat dad and raising someone else's child is a far more difficult challenge.

For the last two weeks before school started this Tuesday, I've been in full Stay-at-Home Daddy mode. Jordan was done with summer school and summer camp was over both both Jordan and Anastasia. They would get up, I would make them breakfast, I would get some work done and by lunchtime, I would be ready to keep them occupied for the rest of the day. This was pretty much the same as other summers past.

Except this year I also had Lila. Lila is my next door neighbor Claudia's kid....

To continue reading this article, please go here. As a Banter Member you'll get access to our beautiful, ad free digital magazine 'Banter M', and will be supporting fearless independent media at a critical moment in history. Thank you!

RELATED