Rudy Giuliani Is Now Screwing Up Media Interviews On Almost A Weekly Basis

Proving yet again that Rudy Giuliani is the worst lawyer in history, the former New York Mayor reversed his stance on Trump answering obstruction of justice questions in the Mueller probe.
giuliani

Proving yet again that Rudy Giuliani is the worst lawyer in history, the former New York Mayor reversed his stance on Trump answering obstruction of justice questions in the Mueller probe. Take a look at these two statements made on the same day.

Here was Rudy talking to the AP on Trump answering obstruction of justice questions:

“That’s a no-go. That is not going to happen,” Giuliani said. “There will be no questions at all on obstruction.”

In a letter last week, Mueller’s team said it would accept written responses from Trump on questions related to Russian election interference. Giuliani suggested Thursday that Trump’s lawyers had agreed to those terms but wanted to prohibit investigators from asking follow-up questions.

“It would be in written form and if you want to follow up on our answers, justify it. Show us why you didn’t get there the first time,” Giuliani said.

Then here he was speaking to NBC

When asked by NBC News, Giuliani said those questions are "not ruled in or out."....

"We have said we would agree to written questions on Russia after we review questions but no further commitment on interviews. After we finish this we will assess it with no agreement to any post-presidential questions,” Giuliani told NBC News.

The president's lawyer added that for now there’s “no commitment on obstruction which are post-presidential matters” but says the legal team will agree to talk “after the collusion/pre-presidential questions are over."

So according to Giuliani, questions on obstruction of justice are a "no-go," and "not going to happen," but are "not ruled in or out". If anyone can make sense of this, please let us know in the comments section below.

It seems that the Trump administration's legal strategy in dealing with the Mueller probe is to give as many conflicting stories to the press as they possibly can. Giuliani confesses to Trump's crimes, changes his story, then pretends he didn't on an almost weekly basis now, creating more chaos and confusion around the issue. Why Giuliani thinks this is working is anyone's guess, but they appear to be sticking to it religiously.

As reported before, it is entirely possible that Rudy Giuliani is doing these interviews drunk, which would make a lot of sense given his working relationship with Trump. According to Bob Woodward's book, Trump routinely abuses Giuliani after his atrocious performances on air.

“Rudy, you’re a baby," Trump reportedly told his lawyer. "I’ve never seen a worse defense of me in my life. They took your diaper off right there. You’re like a little baby that needed to be changed. When are you going to be a man?”

Drinking is a well known crux for those suffering from stress in the workplace, so it stands to reason that Giuliani could be consuming alcohol to deal with his boss's bullying. Either that, or he really is the worst lawyer on the planet.

RELATED