Breitbart Readers Viciously Attack Karl Rove For Mildly Criticizing Trump

Karl Rove has defied the cult of Donald Trump and dared suggest that the president's demands that the Department of Justice investigate his political enemies is not the right thing to do.
fox_fns_rove_151213a1-800x430

Karl Rove has defied the cult of Donald Trump and dared suggest that the president's demands that the Department of Justice investigate his political enemies is not the right thing to do.

On Fox News Channel’s “America’s Newsroom,” the former George W. Bush senior White House aide said that it was "unwise" and “unseemly” for president Trump to demand Jeff Sessions abuse his power and go after Trump's enemies.

"It is just unseemly," Rove said. "I think a good test of this is turnabout. What if Hillary Clinton had won the election? Would we be excited about Hillary Clinton calling upon her attorney general to investigate Donald Trump over the meeting at the Trump Tower? Bill Clinton, would it have been seemly if he had said I want Ronald Reagan lied about Iran-Contra and I want him investigated and Colonel Oliver North needs to go to jail or Caspar Weinberger, who was pardoned by President George W. Bush, we need to get behind that and somebody needs to go to jail?”

The comments were extremely mild and Rove did not condemn Trump's completely immoral and likely illegal pressuring of the DOJ. But comments did not go down well in Breitbart land, where readers laid into the staunch conservative who despite his personal dislike for Trump, helped him get elected in 2016. The comments were, even for Breitbart readers, particularly nasty:

Image placeholder title
Image placeholder title
Image placeholder title
Image placeholder title
Image placeholder title
Image placeholder title

It is always good to keep an eye on the comments section of Breitbart, as it represents the true nature of the Alt Right political movement. The writers are extremely adept at attracting the underbelly of American society (or the "deplorables" as they like to be known), and the comments section provides insight into the thinking that goes on in those circles.

I am always stunned by the anger and paranoia present amongst Breitbart readers -- the feeling that the whole political establishment including both the Democrats and Republicans are out to get them. They see themselves as anti-establishment revolutionaries part of a cause to radically change the country and restore it to its white, Christianist roots. Even the likes of Karl Rove, a radical Republican with an extensive track record of helping ram through the most extreme conservative agenda in American history, is apparently a "globalist" enemy.

One shudders to think who else will go on the official enemies list as Trump buckles down deeper into the extremist faction of his base. If Karl Rove is a "Republican In Name Only", what then, is a real Republican?

RELATED