Trump Wants To Roll Back Car Pollution Rules Because He Hates The Earth

Today, the Trump administration announced its grand proposal to freeze Obama era rules designed to make cars more energy efficient and cleaner. The new rules would also deny the right of states like California, a leader in environmental automobile innovation, to set their own pollution standards.

In a statement titled “Make Cars Great Again" published on The Wall Street Journal, the Trump administration declared that the Obama era standards would “impose significant costs on American consumers and eliminate jobs.” Their proposal to "Make Cars Great Again" would “give consumers greater access to safer, more affordable vehicles, while continuing to protect the environment.”

Of course none of this is true, and it is important to understand that this attempt to destroy Obama's climate change policies for the benefit of the oil and automobile industry is not wanted -- by literally anyone, including the automobile industry.

“We are not asking the administration for a rollback,” said Ford Chairman Bill Ford at his company’s annual meeting in May. “We want California at the table, and we want one national standard that includes California, and we've been very clear on that.”

Trump's proposal is facing a severe backlash from multiple states and the automobile industry who see no positives in it whatsoever.

"Under his reckless scheme, motorists will pay more at the pump, get worse gas mileage and breathe dirtier air," sad Democratic California Gov. Jerry Brown. "California will fight this stupidity in every conceivable way possible."

According to Reuters, the proposal from the U.S. Transportation Department and Environmental Protection Agency would "freeze fuel efficiency standards at 2020 levels through 2026, and require dramatically fewer electric vehicles as more people continue to drive gasoline-powered vehicles. The administration said the freeze would boost U.S. oil consumption by about 500,000 barrels of oil a day by the 2030s." The Trump White House admits the roll back would impact global warming, but believes it would be "minimal". They claim it would save the automobile industry $319 billion through to 2029, apparently a worthwhile tradeoff at a time when global warming is threatening to destroy life on planet earth as we know it.

It goes without saying that any study the Trump White House puts forward should not be taken seriously. The oil merchants and anti-science ideologues hired to demolish the EPA from the inside are criminally corrupt and should not be allowed anywhere near environmental policy. Their study isn't worth the paper it was written on and it has been widely ridiculed for inaccuracies and outright misinformation.

What then, is the real reason behind the Trump administration's new anti-environmental legislation that no one asked for and no one wants?

In simple terms it is this: Trump wants to do as much damage as humanly possible to our living environment to make his base happy and enrage liberals. He has cynically calculated that brazen anti-environmental policies work well with his rabid supporters who believe it is their God given right to destroy the earth for their own material gain.

When Trump stuck it to the liberal globalists in the Paris Climate Agreement, his base lapped it up believing Trump was "putting America first". The environment is for liberal snowflakes, they reason, while carrying semi automatic weapons and driving tank sized SUVs is for real red blooded Americans. Destroying the environment is as American as apple pie, and the more destructive Trump is, the more his adoring fans love him.

Indigenous cultures refer to the planet as the "Mother Earth", a reference to the divine feminine energy of life itself. They believe the earth quite literally birthed us, and we are here to take care of her. Viewed through this lens, it is easier to understand why Trump has declared war on the environment. The truth is, just as Trump hates women, he hates the earth too. He sees it as something to plunder, to destroy for his own amusement and financial gain. His history of sexually assaulting, raping and disparaging women is indicative of his relationship with the earth, and he is using his newfound power to do as much damage to her as possible.

This is not about saving the automobile industry money, it is about a sad, violent little man inflicting pain on our living environment and nothing more.

RELATED