WATCH: Trump Apologist Accuses Caged Immigrant Children of "Engaging in Sexual Activity"

Criminalization and dehumanization of immigrant children is the only way good, decent Christians can torture babies in the name of Jesus.

The right is scrambling to justify the cruel and inhuman torture being carried out against immigrant children. It's not going well.

In hindsight, it's clear that the Trump regime thought that putting immigrant children into cages would be a winning strategy. Maybe they thought that there wouldn't be enough people getting angry to do anything about it. Maybe they thought they could keep it quiet. Clearly Trump thought he could blame the Democrats and no one would blame him or the GOP. That's not going well, either.

But now we've reached the next inevitable stage: Attack the children themselves to make them less sympathetic. I wish I were kidding.

Immigrant Children According to Christian White Nationalists

During an interview on the Faith & Freedom For White People Onlywebcast, Leigh Valentine, super-Christian, wanted to let her audience know that they shouldn't feel bad about these immigrant kids being put into cages because they're little monsters:

“Children below 10 years old engaging in sexual activity — all kinds of sin and disgrace and darkness; the pit of the pits.”

“So we’re not getting the top-of-the-line echelon people coming over this border,” she said. “We’re getting criminals. I mean, total criminals that are so debased and their minds are just gone. They’re unclean, they’re murderers, they’re treacherous, they’re God-haters.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=94&v=OAucWKatb_s

Got that? Not only are they sexual deviants, they hate God, too!

This is a serious escalation from the previous "their parents broke the law" talking point the right has been clinging to. Seeing that blaming the parents for the terrible crimes the Trump regime is committing against immigrant children wasn't working, the right is now testing out the messaging of blaming the children themselves.

We've Seen This Before...

This is the kind of dehumanizing language necessary to justify atrocities. When we look back at Nazi Germany and wonder how an entire country could allow millions of men, women, and especially children to be murdered in cold blood in their name, this is how it started. It wasn't enough to just have people be angry at the Jews. And it wasn't enough just to hate them. They had to look at a Jew and not see a human being.

When Donald Trump came down that escalator and called Mexicans rapists, he was speaking the language of white nationalism and genocide. Three years later, we are putting immigrant children into concentration camps and listening to people who consider themselves Christians call those children murderers, rapists, and sexual perverts. Valentine said those things, out loud, about children. She will be far from the last to do so.

This is the Face of Evil

The right is going over the tipping point. They've been teetering on the edge for some time now but it doesn't appear they're going to make it. They had a choice to pull back and reconsider what it means to be a decent human being. Instead, they seem intent on diving headfirst into pure evil. It's not hard to understand why; decency and compassion require constant effort. Hate is easy.

And make no mistake: When people who tout their piety go out of their way to claim that immigrant children are "engaging in sexual activity — all kinds of sin and disgrace and darkness; the pit of the pits", in order to justify keeping them in cages away from their families, you are looking upon the face of evil.

How long before Valentine and her kind start demanding we sterilize them to keep them from breeding? It's what you do with animals and that's all they are to her, after all.

RELATED