Jeff Sessions Must Be Charged With Crimes Against Humanity - The Daily Banter

Jeff Sessions Must Be Charged With Crimes Against Humanity

Jeff Sessions is tearing families apart to terrorize parents & traumatize their children. These are crimes against humanity & he must be held accountable.

Very soon now, we're going to wake up to screaming headlines about the kiddie concentration camps Jeff Sessions is creating. We will find out that they are rife with sexual predators, child abuse and sex trafficking. The Democratically controlled House and Senate will investigate and find that Sessions knew about the problems and didn't care. It then becomes vital that we charge Sessions with crimes against humanity.

There are three things to consider here:

Jeff Sessions is a terrorist

First, Jeff Sessions is using the separation of children as a weapon.

Hostage-taking is an instrument of terror. Capturing family members, especially children, is a tried-and-true instrument of totalitarian terror. Memoirs of Stalinist terror are full of stories of strong men and women disintegrating when their loved ones are threatened: this is the moment when a person will confess to anything.

Never mind of all the flapping of gums the right is doing about "breaking the law". Sessions is stealing children from asylum seekers as well. As of right now, asking for asylum while brown is still 100% legal in the United States. But aside from that, there is no moral or legal rationale for the separation anyway. They don't even bother giving a coherent one because why should they? No one is holding them accountable.

Jeff Session is a White Nationalist

Second, Sessions is explicitly doing this to terrorize Latino immigrants:

Jeff Sessions tells a horrified Hugh Hewitt that this forced separation policy is purely instrumental because we must “send a message” to future asylum-seekers that “if people don’t want to be separated from their children, they should not bring them with them. We’ve got to get this message out.”

There is zero chance that Jeff Sessions will have his Gestapo take away the children of white people seeking asylum from, say, Russia. The racism isn't jaw-dropping because it's what we've come to expect from the white nationalist government we currently have. This has made Sessions and his fellow monsters extremely brazen about what they're doing and why.

Jeff Sessions is not committing crimes against humanity by accident

Third, Crimes Against Humanity has a very specific definition and what Jeff Sessions has openly admitted he is doing fits the bill:

For the purpose of this Statute, ‘crime against humanity’ means any of the following acts when committed as part of a widespread or systematic attack directed against any civilian population, with knowledge of the attack:

  • Other inhumane acts of a similar character intentionally causing great suffering, or serious injury to body or to mental or physical health.

Separating tens of thousands of children from their parents for the openly stated purpose of inflicted suffering on both the parents and the children in order to "send a message" not to come to the United States is the definition of a systematic attack directed against a civilian population. What he is doing right now is enough to put him in prison for the rest of his life. Add to that the deliberate disregard for the safety of the children as the concentration camps devolved into cesspits of child abuse? He'll be lucky if he's not lynched. And he will turn a blind eye. A camp that tortures children will be a far more effective tool of terror than one that treats them well.

White nationalists are soulless monsters

If you think this is hysterical hyperbole, you don't understand the depraved mind of a white nationalist. To them, brown people are not people; they're animals. Trump supporters do not care about ripping thousands of children from their parents and keeping them in cages. As far as they're concerned, this is morally acceptable. Cruelty to animals is OK as long as it makes America white again. Anything, anything, can be justified if you're not hurting real people. I promise you, Jeff Sessions goes home every night and sleeps the sleep of the just. It's up to us to hold him accountable for his monstrous actions.

The worst mistake President Obama made was not investigating the numerous war crimes of the Bush administration. We should have thrown hundreds of war criminals in jail. Instead, we were told looking forward was more important than looking backward. And because of this, no one paid the price for lying America into a war and killing hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians, leaving thousands of Americans soldiers dead, tens of thousands maimed, and even more psychologically shattered. All of the people that aided and abetted the lies and criminal war profiteering were free to continue undermining democracy and elect the latest monster, Donald Trump.

If we "look forward" and allow them to escape justice again, we may not survive their next attempt to destroy this country. Jeff Sessions is a white nationalist monsters using the power of our government to commit crimes against humanity and we need to see him spend the rest of his life in prison for it. Otherwise, we are complicit in the horrors he's committing in our name.

RELATED