Ethno-Nationalist Tucker Carlson Wonders Why Country Is "Deeply Divided And Terrified"

Tucker Carlson, a man who regularly defends Donald Trump, makes a sport out of attacking minorities and African Americans and is labeled an entho-nationalist by other conservatives, is aghast that the country is racially divided and terrified.
Updated on

Conservative columnist and Fox News contributor Bill Kristol is hardly a identity politics militant. But just as most of the left now recognizes, he agrees that Tucker Carlson is about as close to an ethno-nationalist as you can get.

"Now you look at — Tucker Carlson began at The Weekly Standard," Kristol said in an interview with CNBC earlier this year.

"Tucker Carlson was a great young reporter. He was one of the most gifted 24-year-olds I've seen in the 20 years that I edited the magazine. His copy was sort of perfect at age 24."

"He had always a little touch of Pat Buchananism, I would say, paleo-conservativism," he went on. "But that's very different from what he's become now. I mean, it is close now to racism, white — I mean, I don't know if it's racism exactly — but ethno-nationalism of some kind, let's call it. A combination of dumbing down, as you said earlier, and stirring people's emotions in a very unhealthy way."

Tucker Carlson, WASP Advocate

Carlson, an intelligent man with elite WASP breeding, knows how to disguise his repellent politics. Instead of coming out like Pat Buchanan and saying he believes White Anglo Saxon Protestant culture is superior to all others and that white men should rule society unchallenged, he accuses everyone else of being racist (particularly black women). Carlson presents a world where men like him are persecuted, and the left's identity politics are threatening to destroy American. Every night, Carlson takes to his show to smear the left, use the most preposterous straw man arguments to humiliate guests and throw red meat to his Alt-Right audience. He is, as I have argued, one seriously dangerous white dude.

An example of Carlson's extraordinarily cynical tactics were on full display with this amazing tweet last night:

Yes, you read that correctly. Tucker Carlson, a man who regularly defends Donald Trump, makes a sport out of attacking minorities and African Americans and is labeled an entho-nationalist by other conservatives, is aghast that the country is racially divided and terrified. To answer his question as to "how did we get here?": Because of people like you, Tucker.

RELATED