Yesterday, Bernie Sanders announced his bid to seek a third term in the Senate this fall. The move has provoked more speculation about his potential run in 2020, and filled many on the left with a sense of hope or dread about the future of liberal politics in America. If Sanders decides to run, we could see his movement learn from its mistakes and win the presidency, or he could repeat the divisive 2016 presidential primary that tore the party apart and ensure Democrats lose in 2020. Sanders is a pivotal figure in left wing politics, and his presence could well determine the future of liberalism in America....

RELATED