I've long been an admirer of Matt Taibbi's journalism and writing style -- so much so that it helped inspired me to become a writer myself. Early on as a writer, I would read as much of his work as I could, quote him at length in pieces I struggled to find the right words for, and eagerly await the release of his latest book. His vicious style of takedown journalism was hilarious, brilliantly insightful, and always brutally honest. Taibbi's voice has provided much of the country with a sense of sanity in the midsts of America's political death spiral, and his journalistic credibility a powerful weapon against the sea of fake news and conspiracy theory garbage flooding the internet. Which made my latest interaction with him via direct message on Twitter all the more disappointing...

RELATED