"There is much to be said about Rajneesh and the cult he started, but the documentary got me thinking about a time in my life when I got heavily involved in the Israeli military Martial Art 'Krav Maga' in West L.A back in the mid 2000's. Some of the parallels between the Rajneeshpuram and the highly organized Martial Art I got involved with were striking to say the least."

I recently finished watching "Wild Wild Country", the six part Netflix series about the Indian guru Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh (later known as "Osho"), his power hungry assistant Ma Anand Sheela, and their community of followers in the Rajneeshpuram in Oregon. It was an astonishing documentary that encapsulated the Rajneeshi's truly insane experiment in Wasco County, a rural part of Oregon where cattle ranchers and Christianity ruled before hordes of orange wearing cult members showed up preaching sexual liberation, devotion to a Rolls Royce driving guru, and Yoga. There is much to be said about Rajneesh and the cult he started, but the documentary got me thinking about a time in my life when I got heavily involved in the Israeli military Martial Art 'Krav Maga' in West L.A back in the mid 2000's. Some of the parallels between the Rajneeshpuram and the highly organized Martial Art I got involved with were striking to say the least.

I was 23 years old when I first walked into the Krav Maga studio in West LA, and was struck by how professional the gym looked...

RELATED ARTICLES