Jimmy Kimmel's Cathartic Owning Of Sean Hannity

While this does nothing to further debate in America, and will only heighten the horrifying divide between those still supporting Trump and the rest of the world, it was remarkably cathartic to watch Kimmel take to his show, and well, own Sean Hannity badly.
Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 10.55.14 AM

Trump's favorite propagandist Sean Hannity has been taking Jimmy Kimmel to task this week for making fun of Melania Trump’s Slovenian accent in what can only be described as a breathless act of brazen hypocrisy. Hannity called him a “despicable disgrace” and an “ass clown,” and unleashed a barrage of tweets aimed at embarrassing the late night host, including dredging up old footage like this:

And then this:

While this does nothing to further debate in America, and will only heighten the horrifying divide between those still supporting Trump and the rest of the world, it was remarkably cathartic to watch Kimmel take to his show, and well, own Sean Hannity badly.

“This is the guy who defended the multiply alleged pedophile Roy Moore, and I’m a ‘despicable disgrace.’ I’m the ‘ass clown.’," said Kimmel. "If I’m an ass clown — and I might very well be — you, Sean, are the whole ass circus.”"

“You know what I think is disrespectful of the first lady?" he asked.  "Cheating on her with a porn star after she has a baby. Why don’t you rant a little about that, Sean Hannity?”

Sean Hannity will go down in history as perhaps the worst enabler of Donald Trump -- a toxic performing monkey who sold his dignity to shill for a knock-off fascist and worked night and day to normalize a sexual predator. It may not do much good lampooning him, and the chances are it will only embolden Trump's base even more, but those dedicated to salvaging what is left of the country's dignity are entitled to some entertainment once in a while. So thanks Jimmy, and keep this little beef with Sean Hannity going for a bit longer. It's mighty funny, and God knows we need it right now.

RELATED ARTICLES