"I hadn't known Oldman had any history of abusive behavior towards women, and it was again, another huge let down. On the off chance that there was another side to the story, I started to do some research on his case. And low and behold, it did seem that there was another side to the accusations leveled at Oldman by his ex wife, and it was very, very believable."

In the wake of the #MeToo movement that swept across America and much of the western world in October of 2017, I was so taken aback by the speed and intensity of it that I genuinely struggled to come to terms with what was going on. The sheer number of horrendous stories that flooded social media had a profound effect on me, and I spent several months trying to work back through my own history with women. Had I been part of the problem? Was my masculinity threatening to the women I had dated or pursued over the years? How many times had I behaved inappropriately? What was inappropriate and what was not?

While questioning myself, I was also experiencing extreme bouts of rage towards those accused of sexually assaulting and raping women. I would imagine inflicting serious amounts of pain onto the perpetrators of these awful crimes, not knowing where the desire to hurt people was coming from...

RELATED ARTICLES