Trump Responds To "Crazy Joe Biden" In Sad Twitter Beef That Makes America Look Even Sadder - The Daily Banter

Trump Responds To "Crazy Joe Biden" In Sad Twitter Beef That Makes America Look Even Sadder

This is the state of America today: white men in their 70s are offering to fight each other on Twitter.
static.politico

It’s officially Donald Trump versus Joe Biden, the 2018 edition, where the jabs are happening behind the other person's back though very much in the public eye. On Tuesday, Joe Biden lashed out at Trump during a speaking engagement at the University of Miami referencing the infamous Access Hollywood tape saying, “A guy who ended up becoming our national leader said, 'I can grab a woman anywhere and she likes it.' They asked me if I’d like to debate this gentleman, and I said 'no.' I said, 'If we were in high school, I’d take him behind the gym and beat the hell out of him.'" Biden went on to say, "I've been in a lot of locker rooms my whole life. I'm a pretty damn good athlete. Any guy that talked that way was usually the fattest, ugliest SOB in the room."

Biden should never have said this in a public forum, but this is not the first time he said the same thing about Trump. He was referencing a previous comment he made back when Trump was running for President. Biden, who was Vice President at the time, was asked if he wished he was debating him instead of Hillary after the “grab them by the pussy” comment was aired and Biden said, “No, I wish we were in high school. I could take him behind the gym. That's what I wish."

The only positive I can see here is that Biden remembers things correctly. Sure, he’s doing what he thinks should be his part to stand up for women, but violence is never the way to go. It gives off that damsel in distress feel where the man feels he needs to “man up” and get his testosterone pumped so he can pummel the dude who harasses women. This kind of violence, or even the suggestion of, isn’t helping the cycle. It isn’t easing misogyny or the patriarchy. It’s furthering the notion of violence as a solution. The sad part is that I feel Biden’s heart is in the right place -- he is expressing feelings that so many people are familiar with -- but his mouth reacted without his brain telling him to keep it to himself.

It took until Thursday for the President to craft a response to Biden's threat (he was a bit busy congratulating Putin on his win in Russia). Today, via Twitter, Trump fired back, writing, “Crazy Joe Biden is trying to act like a tough guy. Actually, he is weak, both mentally and physically, and yet he threatens me, for the second time, with physical assault. He doesn’t know me, but he would go down fast and hard, crying all the way. Don’t threaten people Joe!”

This is the state of America today: white men in their 70s are offering to fight each other on Twitter. This may be the precursor bout of what may be in store for the 2020 election - two white guys battling it out on social media as if they were starring in an 80s movie where the good guy beats up the bad guy and wins the heart of the pretty girl at the end. While entertaining, this is not the kind of victory this country deserves, and at Joe Biden at the very least should know better.

RELATED