Sam Nunberg's Marathon Of Complete And Utter Madness

On Monday afternoon, the Washington Post reported the astonishing story that former Trump aide Sam Nunberg would be refusing a subpoena requiring him to appear before a grand jury later in the week. “Let him arrest me,” Nunberg told Josh Dawsey. “Mr. Mueller should understand I am not going in on Friday.”
sam nunberg

On Monday afternoon, the Washington Post reported the astonishing story that former Trump aide Sam Nunberg would be refusing a subpoena requiring him to appear before a grand jury later in the week. “Let him arrest me,” Nunberg told Josh Dawsey. “Mr. Mueller should understand I am not going in on Friday.”

Nunberg also told the Post that "he was planning to go on Bloomberg TV and tear up the subpoena."

While that hasn't happened (yet) he did call Katy Tur at MSNBC to give one of the craziest interviews anyone in the Trump administration has ever given:

Here is the transcript of the interview:

As if that wasn't bad enough, Nunberg then called CNN to give Gloria Borger an equally insane interview that will no doubt make things much, much worse for him. Incapable of understanding why the FBI might want to talk to him again, Borger asked him this very basic question:

"If you think back to your five and a half hours with the FBI, what was it do you think that made them say, 'Okay, we need to get Sam Nunberg in front of a jury?'"

Regardless of whether Nunberg understands this simple concept, his goading of the FBI is unlikely to curry him any favors with Mueller who will no doubt be sending agents to bring him in in the very near future. More than anything though, Nunberg's meltdown is yet another example of the rapidly collapsing line of defense protecting Trump and his inner circle from facing serious repercussions for their obvious collusion with Russia and attempts to obstruct justice. Trump has surrounded himself with people like Nunberg since the inception of his presidential campaign, and has stacked his administration with the same clueless blowhards who are in the process of turning the White House into an completely dysfunctional cesspool of infighting, backstabbing and chaos.

Could this get any more ridiculous?

UPDATE: It apparently could get more ridiculous. Nunberg also went on Jake Tapper's show to continue defending himself and throwing his former boss and co-workers under the bus to complete a marathon day of total and utter madness.

RELATED ARTICLES