Yes, Rick Santorum Just Told Students They Should Take CPR Classes Instead of Protesting Guns - The Daily Banter

Yes, Rick Santorum Just Told Students They Should Take CPR Classes Instead of Protesting Guns

Speaking about the mass protests that took place around the country, Santorum suggested that rather than students protesting for gun control legislation, they would be better off by taking CPR classes so that they can revive fellow students blasted to pieces by guns.
Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 1.28.14 PM

CNN commentator and failed presidential candidate Rick Santorum (R) just uttered perhaps the most ill conceived words ever in the wake of a mass school shooting.

Speaking about the mass protests that took place around the country, Santorum suggested that rather than students protesting for gun control legislation, they would be better off by taking CPR classes so that they can revive fellow students blasted to pieces by guns.

"How about kids instead of looking to someone else to solve their problem, do something about maybe taking CPR classes or trying to deal with situations that when there is a violent shooter that you can actually respond to that," said Santorum on CNN's "State of the Union."

"They took action to ask someone to pass a law," Santorum went on. "They didn't take action to say, 'How do I, as an individual, deal with this problem? How am I going to do something about stopping bullying within my own community? What am I going to do to actually help respond to a shooter?'"

"Those are the kind of things where you can take it internally, and say, 'Here's how I'm going to deal with this," he went on. "Here's how I'm going to help the situation,' instead of going and protesting and saying, 'Oh, someone else needs to pass a law to protect me.'"

Yes, students should stop spending time trying to save their lives by getting adults to pass sensible gun control laws and instead behave like paramilitary forces engaged in active combat while in fucking high school. Forget math class or learning about anatomy, kids should spend time figuring out how to remove bullets from their classmates' faces because the adults still believe "guns don't kill people, people do."

This is why it is no longer possible to have a rational conversation with any active members of the GOP. This is why the Republican Party is facing imminent collapse, and this is why change in America is on the horizon

RELATED