White House Claims Trump Doesn't Want A Shutdown (After He Asked For A Shutdown) - The Daily Banter

White House Claims Trump Doesn't Want A Shutdown (After He Asked For A Shutdown)

In example number 4297 of the White House directly contradicting president Trump's manic outbursts, press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders came out today to refute the notion that Trump is advocating a government shutdown, after he advocated a shutdown.
sarah-huckabee-sanders-800x430

In example number 4297 of the White House directly contradicting president Trump's manic outbursts, press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders came out today to refute the notion that Trump is advocating a government shutdown. From The Hill:

The White House on Tuesday insisted that it is not advocating for a government shutdown shortly after President Trump said he’d “love” to see one if Democrats don’t agree to his demands on immigration reform.

“We are not advocating for the shutdown, that’s the fault of the Democrats not being able to do their jobs,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said. “The president wants a long-term deal and he wants a deal on immigration and he hopes Democrats will come to the table and get that done.”

This was after Trump stated on Tuesday at a meeting on MS-13 gang violence that, "we’ll do a shutdown and it’s worth it for our country. I’d love to see a shutdown if we don’t get this stuff taken care of.” Let's compare the statements side by side:

Trump: "We'll do a shutdown and it's worth it for our country."

Sarah Huckabee Sanders: "“We are not advocating for the shutdown."

It isn't difficult to spot the difference, but then this is standard procedure in Trumpistan. Why bother reporting on it? Because it is (or at least should be) the media's job to never let up on the insanity of this administration. When the public accepts the lies as normal, Trump wins and democracy dies.

Huckabee Sanders knows most of the country doesn't believe her or the president, but she maintains the facade to keep Trump supporters happy. As long as Trump is engaged in a war against the Democrats, it doesn't matter to his supporters whether he lies -- it is never his fault, always the Democrats. It's a familiar pattern that has served the administration well -- Trump lies or does something idiotic, they deny it and then immediately attack the Democrats. Trump sexually assaulted women? He didn't, and what about Bill Clinton? Trump lied about his inauguration crowd numbers? He didn't, and Hillary Clinton is a liar.

This pattern won't ever stop, but it cannot be normalized by decent people ever

RELATED