Otherwise, in the eventual post-Trump era, literally anyone will have a shot to become president since our current dingus will have already softened the ground with his corruption and ineptitude.

Everything Trump says, every tweet, every childish nickname or insult, every deviation from political norms is causing damage to the system. It's happening incrementally, one egregious trespass after another, and some of us might not even notice that Trump is establishing all new loopholes in executive power that won't easily be undone.

One of these days, Trump will leave office. And once he does, Congress needs to convene hearings and introduce a slate of new laws that will begin to repair at least some of the damage from too many years of Trump, while also preventing the ascendancy of the next Trump. Here's how that could be done:

RELATED ARTICLES