The Snowden affair showed that surveillance laws are highly confusing and therefore easily spun to be far more sinister than they actually are.

Two major news stories dropped yesterday, so let's cut right to the chase.

First, we learned that Donald Trump apparently demanded that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein pledge his loyalty to Trump, asking Rosenstein if he's "on my team." The meeting occurred this past December and, according to CNN, "Trump wanted to know where the special counsel's Russia investigation was heading."...