Looking back over my interactions with Chez over email, I was struck by our last conversation that we had two days before he passed away. It perfectly encapsulates the thought process that went into Chez's work, and has remained with me ever since.

Early on in our working relationship, I must confess to being somewhat intimidated by Chez. He was an award winning producer, author of a book praised by the likes of Arianna Huffington (who wrote the foreword to "Dead Star Twilight"), and a writer so gifted media moguls like Gawker's Nick Denton actively tried to poach him. Chez was so stubborn that no one had been able to work with him for prolonged periods of time. And I can honestly say I completely understand why...