Trump Claims He Would Have "Run In There" To Save Parkland Shooting Victims. This Story Proves Otherwise.

Trump believes he would have run into Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, to stop the gunman who slaughtered 17 students and teachers with an AR-15. This story from his past proves otherwise.
Updated:
Original:
Donald Trump Scared

President Trump, the man who deferred from the military during the Vietnam war 5 times due in part to "bone spurs" believes he would have run into Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, to stop the gunman who slaughtered 17 students and teachers with an AR-15.

“You don’t know until you test it, but I think, I really believe I would have run in there even if I didn’t have a weapon,” Trump told governors who gathered at the White House to discuss school safety. Trump also went after Parkland deputies who did not enter the school to stop the shooting, saying they "weren’t exactly Medal of Honor winners."

"The way they performed was really a disgrace," he said.

Along with his multiple Vietnam deferments and long, storied history of behaving as selfishly as any human being is capable of, it is worth relaying another illuminating tale about the president because it proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is completely full of shit. Last year, The Daily Beast went through hours of Trump's interviews with shock jock Howard Stern and found this extraordinary tale of the president's self confessed cowardice:

“I’m not good for medical. In other words, if you cut your finger and there’s blood pouring out, I’m gone,” he [Trump] told Stern.

The former reality-TV host then shares a story with Stern about the time he thought a man died in front of him during a charity event at his Palm Beach club Mar-a-Lago and, rather than helping the injured man, Trump turned away in disgust at the sight of his blood.

“I was at Mar-a-Lago and we had this incredible ball, the Red Cross Ball, in Palm Beach, Florida. And we had the Marines. And the Marines were there, and it was terrible because all these rich people, they’re there to support the Marines, but they’re really there to get their picture in the Palm Beach Post… so you have all these really rich people, and a man, about 80 years old—very wealthy man, a lot of people didn’t like him—he fell off the stage,” said Trump.

Trump proceeds to explain that it was a $100,000-per-table fundraiser filled with deep-pocketed billionaires, and that the Marines were—for whatever reason—given tables in the very back of the ballroom (“the worst table in the whole place”). Oh, and that he was more preoccupied with his ballroom’s pristine marble floor than the octogenarian bleeding out on it.

“So what happens is, this guy falls off right on his face, hits his head, and I thought he died. And you know what I did? I said, ‘Oh my God, that’s disgusting,’ and I turned away,” said Trump. “I couldn’t, you know, he was right in front of me and I turned away. I didn’t want to touch him… he’s bleeding all over the place, I felt terrible. You know, beautiful marble floor, didn’t look like it. It changed color. Became very red. And you have this poor guy, 80 years old, laying on the floor unconscious, and all the rich people are turning away. ‘Oh my God! This is terrible! This is disgusting!’ and you know, they’re turning away. Nobody wants to help the guy. His wife is screaming—she’s sitting right next to him, and she’s screaming.”

Thank God for the Marines. “What happens is, these 10 Marines from the back of the room… they come running forward, they grab him, they put the blood all over the place—it’s all over their uniforms—they’re taking it, they’re swiping [it], they ran him out, they created a stretcher. They call it a human stretcher, where they put their arms out with, like, five guys on each side,” shared Trump.

“I was saying, ‘Get that blood cleaned up! It’s disgusting!’ The next day, I forgot to call [the man] to say he’s OK,” said Trump, adding of the blood, “It’s just not my thing.”

While helping a bleeding 80 year old man was not Trump's "thing", rushing in to take on a heavily armed shooter blowing school children to pieces with no weapon apparently is. To call others who chose not to risk their lives to stop the massacre cowards is akin to Sarah Palin calling another politician stupid. The sheer hypocrisy of it defies belief.

There are few words than fittingly describe the awfulness this deluded, sociopathic dickhead represents, but one comes to mind in this particular instance. It begins with a "C" and ends with "unt".

RELATED