Trump Finally Manages to Humiliate  Mike Pence

It looks like even Trump's top sycophant has his limits.
It looks like even Trump's top sycophant has his limits.

This is not the deepest and most insightful story you're going to read today but it's good to know that even Mike Pence still has enough of a soul left to feel shame:

A Maryland pastor condemned President Trump’s comments calling Haiti, El Salvador and African nations “shithole countries” at a service attended by Vice President Pence, The New York Daily News reported Monday.

“I stand today as your pastor to vehemently denounce and reject any such characterizations of the nations of Africa and of our brothers and sisters in Haiti,” Watson said at the Metropolitan Baptist Church in Largo.“

And I further say: Whoever made such a statement, whoever used such a visceral, disrespectful, dehumanizing adjective to characterize the nations of Africa, whoever said it, is wrong. And they ought to be held accountable.”

Those attending the service reportedly jumped up and applauded.

Pence's response was to turn bright red, an involuntary autonomic rebuke of his wretched boss. It's possible he was red with anger but since he didn't flounce off in a huff, it's far more likely he was humiliated to be working for the man that precipitated the scene at the church.

Considering that Trump is non-religious, not so much an atheist but uninterested because it's not all about him, church is one of the few places Pence can go to escape the all-consuming emotional black hole that is the Trump presidency. As sick and twisted as Pence's version of Christianity is, it's sincere and probably one of the only things keeping him sane dealing with the childish tantrums of the Mad King. Having Trump's awfulness invade even his safe place in church must have stung Pence deeply.

But before you feel too bad for Pence, keep in mind that aside from a life spent comforting the comfortable and afflicting the afflicted, he is Trump's top enabler; propping up a dangerous imbecile and vacuously grinning at him like a deranged puppy in the hopes of replacing him without getting his hands dirty with the 25th Amendment or a bloody knife. He made his deal with the Devil and it's our job to make sure he never gets to collect his reward.

- This article kills fascists