He is killing us. It’s a slow death of suffering and suffocation, a drowning in rhetoric, an unrelenting wave of hatred washing over us then retracting only to return again, this time with undertow making us nearly forget that first wave.

by Michele Zipp

I believe this will mark the first time I addressed Trump as “President Donald Trump.” I’ve used all the other monikers and they all seem wrong; even 45 feels too prestigious. But we have to look at those words put together closely and let it resonate deep within. He does hold the highest office and is a huge disgrace to everything America is. Bigly.

President Donald Trump, the 45th President of the United States of America, called Haiti and Africa “shithole countries” in an effort to tighten our borders, build a wall, box us in and away from the rest of the world. You know, because America needs to be “great again” and we should only make an exception for fair-haired maidens and Vikings from Norway. Or Slovenia.

“Shithole countries.” That’s our President speaking.

This week, like all the others since he took office, showed us his allegiance to MAGA and hatred of anyone and anything before him or “beneath” him.

He blamed Obama when cancelling his trip to London. He’s going to war on Medicaid. He’s not letting go of his issues with Clinton. “Where are Crooked Hillary emails?” he tweeted. And also, “The single greatest Witch Hunt in American history continues.” Referring to himself regarding collusion with Russian. Let’s not forget this gem: “I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!”

And this: “Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.” Passing blame. Diversion. At least he spelled Hillary correctly. And as if he was anything close to being a Witch. He’s racist. He’s sexist. He doesn’t care about the poor, the huddled masses yearning to breathe free.

MAGA. MAGA. MAGA. MAGA.

He thinks if he says it enough times, it makes him sincere. This is why recalling the time he said “grab them by the pussy” is important. We need to feel the gravity of those words, let them sink and sting just like “President Donald Trump” does with his words of hatred for anyone that doesn’t bear his name or isn’t an ally of Fox News. There were some “very fine people” shoulder to shoulder with the white supremacists in Charlottesville, he said.

"You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever,” he said when referring to Megyn Kelly.

And this: “Lightweight Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a total flunky for Charles E. Schumer and someone who would come to my office 'begging' for campaign contributions not so long ago (and would do anything for them), is now in the ring fighting against Trump. Very disloyal to Bill & Crooked-USED!”

Trump, the 45th President of the United States of America, has proven himself to be many of the things he is accused of being in the book Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House by Michael Wolff. He is, of course, screaming that the book is fake news. Over and over again, Trump has very blatantly and unapologetically showed us who he is.

He is killing us. It’s a slow death of suffering and suffocation, a drowning in rhetoric, an unrelenting wave of hatred washing over us then retracting only to return again, this time with undertow making us nearly forget that first wave. But we can’t forget. We cannot get swept away in his current. He may have thought he could do anything when he was a star in the days before Weinstein’s fall, but as our 45th President of the United States, he can’t. We cannot let him kill us -- we cannot let him kill the true American spirit.

This “us” is US, as in the United States, but also “us” as in “we the people.” We must come together now more than ever and not let him divide us. He’s proven to be a President of division, of hatred, creating an “us against them”, fear our neighbor mentality. And that is not what we are about. That is not American.

We need to take our country back, because it’s ours, it isn’t Trump’s. We aren’t a corporation and we don’t work for him; he is supposed to be working for us. He is working against us. He is pitting us against each other, pointing out flaws, and then ping-ponging to the next distraction.

We need him out, yes, but we also need to commune together now when he’s still in office. We need to connect with those like us and unlike us (including and especially those with differing political opinions). This isn’t about who won or lost the 2016 election. This is about everything that WE stand to lose as Americans from the hatred, the blatant racism, sexism, and incompetence from President Donald Trump.

When we bond together as a country, become more mindful of each other and ourselves, and what we really need to live, to thrive, to prosper. This will enable the truth -- the real messages -- of Trump’s words to be more seen. We’re not going to drown in the hatred of his words. We are Americans. We have to open our minds, expand our thoughts, stop and think about our neighbors, listen to each other, lift each other up and find ways to make us all better, stronger, united.

MAGA is a distraction in a red baseball cap. And it’s about an un-American as you can get.

This cannot be about being a Republican or Democrat, from the left, right, or center. This is about us -- this is about we the people of the United States, wanting to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity. Anything else is unconstitutional, un-American.

Simply put, President Donald Trump is attempting to murder everything we are. And as Americans, we cannot be killed by a vile racist and sexist bigot. We are far too armed with humanity.

RELATED ARTICLES