No one treats my son like a f*cking afterthought.

The Banter Long Read: We knew that 4th grade would be difficult for Jordan. We've known for years that while Kindergarten through 3rd would be a challenge for our autistic child, 4th grade is where the transition to a more traditional academic setting occurred and that it would be incredibly difficult for him. We were prepared (as best we could be) for that.

We were not prepared for his teacher to forget he existed and how deeply this hurt us above and beyond the obvious reasons....