MEMBERS ONLY: The Incredible Boredom of Donald Trump - The Daily Banter

MEMBERS ONLY: The Incredible Boredom of Donald Trump

Michael Wolff's Fire and Fury reveals a conundrum that dramatists will struggle with for generations to come: Donald Trump is boring.
Donald-Trump-open-mouth-800x430

A very smart writer friend of mine suggested that I use my skills in dramaturgy to analyze the Trump presidency as an unfolding dramatic story. He argued that a weekly column analyzing events – “The Week in Trump-a-turgy,” perhaps – could make sense, from a writerly perspective, what was believable and what wasn’t. “If this was a TV show,” he argued, “it would be the most fantastic story ever told.” I thought this a great idea and promised to take him up on it – but when I sat down to write the first column, I couldn’t get very far....

RELATED