The Saturday Night Massacre analogy has outlived its usefulness in describing the slow-moving coup d'etat we're witnessing.

Shortly after the inaugural last January, acting Attorney General Sally Yates warned Donald Trump that his National Security Adviser, Michael Flynn, had been less than forthcoming regarding his conversations with Russians. Trump's immediate response was to fire Mrs. Yates...