Watch President Obama Nail Trump and the Republicans: "I Didn't Create Trump, Your Hate Towards Me Did"

This was classic Obama.
This was classic Obama.
Barack-Obama

Bill Maher shared this video of President Obama laying into the Republicans and Donald Trump to his facebook page today. The video was from the campaign trail in late 2016, and shows Obama in his element -- eloquent, impassioned, and angry about the terrifying political situation the Republican Party has created in America.

I watched it and must confess to almost tearing up doing so. Obama articulates so much in this speech about the origins of Donald Trump and why a candidate like him was possible.

"The problem is not that all Republicans think the way this guy does. The problem is, is that they’ve been riding this tiger for a long time," said Obama. "They’ve been feeding their base all kinds of crazy for years — primarily for political expedience. So if Trump was running around saying I wasn’t born here, they were okay with that as long as it helped them with votes. If some of these folks on talk radio started talking about how I was the anti-Christ, you know, it’s just politics."

The president continued:

“They stood by while this happened, and Donald Trump as he’s prone to do, he didn’t build the building himself — he just slapped his name on it and took credit for it.”

Of the Access Hollywood tape that finally caused some Republicans to speak out against the monstrous Trump, Obama was particularly scathing about their moral cowardice.

“You can’t wait until that finally happens and then say that’s too much and think that somehow you are showing any kind of leadership and deserve to be elected to the United States Senate,” he said. “You don’t get points for that.”

Watch below:

God I miss the guy.

RELATED ARTICLES