As Trump and the Republican Party ram through the most unpopular tax cuts in US history and the Mueller investigation continues to close in on the president and his election team, Trump's approval ratings across the board are now utterly catastrophic.
A Quinnipiac University Poll released today shows Americans believe Trump is a disastrous president who doesn't care about them, lies all the time, and isn't qualified to do the job.
Just look at the following numbers on Trump's character traits:
- 62 - 34 percent that he is not honest;
- 62 - 35 percent that he does not have good leadership skills;
- 62 - 37 percent, that he does not care about average Americans;
- 70 - 28 percent that he is not level headed;
- 57 - 40 percent that he is a strong person;
- 52 - 45 percent that he is intelligent;
- 65 - 32 percent that he does not share their values.
And the following for handling current key issues:
- 33 - 62 percent for handling foreign policy;
- 45 - 48 percent for handling terrorism;
- 37 - 60 percent for handling immigration;
- 29 - 64 percent for handling health care;
- 35 - 58 percent for handling taxes. Sexual Harassment/Sexual Assault
"Confidence in the economy is eclipsed by profound doubts about the president's level headedness, honesty, empathy for fellow Americans and handling of foreign policy," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.
CNN also released a poll today putting the president's job approval numbers at 35% -- the lowest he's ever received. As Politico noted, "Before Trump, no president dating back to Dwight Eisenhower ever had an approval rating lower than 49 percent in December of the first year in office."
The fact that Americans are generally satisfied with the economy is indicative of just how atrocious they believe Trump is. Presidents generally poll well during economic boom times, but Trump's numbers are quite literally in the toilet. This is of course, only good news for the Democrats who should be able to translate this into tangible gains during the midterms in 2018. And contrary to the White House's proclamation that Trump is on the right course and doing the bidding of the American people, he is set on a course for yet more destruction and chaos that will no doubt be reflected by even worse poll numbers in the months to come.
The only way is down for Trump, and we're about to see how far.