Try Not to Die Laughing: The Women of the Alt-Right Are Furious at the Raging Misogyny of...the Alt-Right

In other news, water is wet, fire is hot, and alt-right women are apparently delusional.
Wait, so my political movement hates women? But -I'm- a woman!

Wait, so my political movement hates women? But -I'm- a woman!

Ben Cohen, the Editor-in-Chief of The Daily Banter, does not allow us to write verbalizations like "LOL" or "Bwahahaha!" in our articles because this is a high class establishment and I totally respect that. Despite this prohibition, after reading this article from Salon, "“Alt-right” women are upset that “alt-right” men are treating them terribly", I have to admit, I really wanted to write an article that was just me typing "Hahaha" over and over about 500 times.

I'll settle for this instead:

Not for nothing, if you're stupid enough to be a woman in a political movement that was literally founded on the premise of attacking women, you deserve every ounce of mockery I can summon.

Take, for instance, Tara McCarthy, a white nationalist that puts out racist Youtube videos. She got fed up with being treated like a broodmare by her fellow hatemongers:

Women in the Alt Right are constantly harassed by low status anonymous trolls trying to put us in our place.

Women of all ages, who do or don't have children, are harassed for various 'reasons'.

The ultimate goal seems to be to bully us off the internet.

— Tara McCarthy 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄 (@TaraMcCarthy444) December 3, 2017

Men in the Alt Right are going to have to decide whether they will continue to passively/actively endorse this behavior, or speak out against it.

If you want more women speaking publicly about ethno nationalism, I suggest you choose the latter.

— Tara McCarthy 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄 (@TaraMcCarthy444) December 3, 2017

They did not choose the latter:

If you're wondering why I didn't link directly to McCarthy's tweets, it's because they're gone and her account is locked down. All of her white nationalist Youtube videos except one are gone as well. A victory for white men! I guess!

I'd feel bad for McCarthy but what, exactly, did she think her movement was about? At no point was the alt-right not about despising women. Gamergate, the origin of the alt-right, was a campaign of online harassment targeting women gamers with rape and death threats for simply existing. Then they moved onto Leslie Jones for being a female Ghostbuster. Then it continued to metastasize into the cancer we know and loathe to today.

White nationalists literally use misogyny to lure men into their movement because hate is fungible. Once you get men involved with the anti-woman movement, it's extremely easy to spread that hatred to blacks, immigrants, Muslims, etc. There's a reason the white nationalist movement is overwhelmingly male and it's not because white women are naturally less racist.

Maybe Tara thought that because she was pretty and white, she could enter a world filled with women-hating racist assholes and, what?, be a queen among would be kings? That they wouldn't demand she cater to their sexual desires and fragile egos? That's not how this works. The toxic masculinity of white nationalism cannot cope with females on equal footing; they don't have the testicular fortitude to tolerate anything but subservient ovaries.

And speaking of ovaries not being subservient enough, here's Lauren Southern, another right wing Trumpster, who can't understand why the men of her movement keep treating her like dirt because she's not married at 22 and pumping out babies:

Possibly my favorite part is where she complains about people in her movement lacking an understanding of nuance.

Excuse me for one moment:

Sorry, had to get that out of my system. Nuance? From Trumpsters? Southern does know who she's talking about, yes? If America's right wing was capable of nuance, they wouldn't have voted for a simpleton selling them empty slogans like "Make America Great Again" or demanded vacuous solutions that won't work (like a wall) to complex problems like immigration.

Southern goes on to lament that her side doesn't seem to fully recognize that not everyone wants to live what conservatives consider a "traditional" lifestyle of marrying and having children. Almost like she thinks women should have a some kind of choice about how to live their lives. Southern herself seems to believe that it's crazy to be 22 and have 7 kids already like some hardcore "traditionalists" think she should. Salon author Rachel Leah makes the wry observation that this "sounds like what women have been shouting for a few decades now."

Yeah, pretty much. It's all fun and games when you're the one telling feminists to shut up, sit down, and obey their manly men, but it's amazing how quickly these anti-feminists discover their inner Gloria Steinem when men start telling them to zip their lips, squat, and start pushing out babies for the cause.

The lack of self-awareness is staggering. If McCarthy and Southern are indicative of the conservative white woman's capacity for lying to herself, it's no wonder they voted against their own self-interest in 2016. If this abuse keeps up, McCarthy and Southern might finally understand how diseased the right has become by 2020.

Then again, considering how deeply in denial they've been up until now, they'll surely vote for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party again and be shocked, shocked, I tell you!, when leopards continue to eat their faces.

RELATED ARTICLES