Robert Reich's Conversation With Republican Colleague Should Frighten the Goddamn Life Out of You

Donald Trump is unhinged. The Democrats know it, the Republicans know it, and so do his staff. So why is no one saying anything other than Bob Corker? Robert Reich sheds some light on the truly terrifying situation.
Donald Trump is unhinged. The Democrats know it, the Republicans know it, and so do his staff. So why is no one saying anything other than Bob Corker? Robert Reich sheds some light on the truly terrifying situation.
Trump-Nuclear-bomb.jpeg.png

Yesterday, former Secretary of Labor under President Bill Clinton Robert Reich posted a truly terrifying account of a conversation he had with an old friend, an unnamed former Republican Congressman. It's nothing short of terrifying, and further proof that the United States is facing a catastrophic scenario under President Trump -- a man who is now so unhinged he is completely incapable of governing. Take a moment to read this in full, as it is imperative US citizens understand the predicament they are now facing. Here's what Reich wrote

This morning I phoned my old friend, a Republican former member of Congress.

Me: So what’s up? Is Corker alone, or are others also ready to call it quits with Trump?

He: All I know is they’re simmering over there.

Me: Flake and McCain have come pretty close.

He: Yeah. Others are thinking about doing what Bob did. Sounding the alarm. They think Trump’s nuts. Unfit. Dangerous.

Me: Well, they already knew that, didn’t they?

He: But now it’s personal. It started with the Sessions stuff. Jeff was as loyal as they come. Trump’s crapping on him was like kicking your puppy. And then, you know, him beating up on Mitch for the Obamacare fiasco. And going after Flake and the others.

Me: So they're pissed off?

He: Not just that. I mean, they have thick hides. The personal stuff got them to notice all the other things. The wild stuff, like those threats to North Korea. Tillerson would leave tomorrow if he wasn’t so worried Trump would go nuclear, literally.

Me: You think Trump is really thinking nuclear war?

He: Who knows what’s in his head? But I can tell you this. He’s not listening to anyone. Not a soul. He’s got the nuclear codes and, well, it scares the hell out of me. It’s starting to scare all of them. That’s really why Bob spoke up.

Me: So what could they do? I mean, even if the whole Republican leadership was willing to say publicly he’s unfit to serve, what then?

He: Bingo! The emperor has no clothes. It’s a signal to everyone they can bail. Have to bail to save their skins. I mean, Trump could be the end of the whole goddam Republican party.

Me: If he starts a nuclear war, that could be the end of everything.

He: Yeah, right. So when they start bailing on him, the stage is set.

Me: For what?

He: Impeachment. 25th amendment.

Me: You think Republicans would go that far?

He: Not yet. Here’s the thing. They really want to get this tax bill through. That’s all they have going for them. They don’t want to face voters in ’18 or ’20 without something to show for it. They’re just praying Trump doesn’t do something really, really stupid before the tax bill.

Me: Like a nuclear war?

He: Look, all I can tell you is many of the people I talk with are getting freaked out. It’s not as if there’s any careful strategizing going on. Not like, well, do we balance the tax bill against nuclear war? No, no. They’re worried as hell. They’re also worried about Trump crazies, all the ignoramuses he’s stirred up. I mean, Roy Moore? How many more of them do you need to destroy the party?

Me: So what’s gonna happen?

He: You got me. I’m just glad I’m not there anymore. Trump’s not just a moron. He’s a despicable human being. And he’s getting crazier. Paranoid. Unhinged. Everyone knows it. I mean, we’re in shit up to our eyeballs with this guy.

This is nothing short of a disaster and Republicans must act before it is too late. With Trump itching for conflicts with North Korea and Iran while promising to increase America's nuclear arsenal tenfold, he is a button away from starting a war much of humanity would likely not recover from. The ramifications of attacking either country could set off a series of events that would be beyond catastrophic, engulfing America, Korea, China, Russia and much of the Middle East in a conflict that would make World War II look like a Christmas party. When high level Republicans like Bob Corker are sounding the alarm about the dangerous mindset of the president, you can be sure there is a very, very serious problem.

The fact that their desire to get tax cuts passed for the rich is stopping them from preventing a catastrophe is indicative of just how corrupt and immoral the Republican Party has become. The rot is beyond repair, and should America pull through this constitutional crisis, they deserve to implode spectacularly.

The clock is ticking, and as Trump's mental state deteriorates, those around him must intervene and introduce articles of impeachment with or without their tax cuts. Because even if they pass, who'll be around to reap the rewards?

RELATED ARTICLES