"The Huachuma concoction is not pleasant to say the least. It’s not quite as disgusting as Ayahuasca, but still extremely difficult to ingest. If you’ve ever had raw Aloe Vera juice, think of the sourness multiplied by a hundred, and with the consistency of phlegm."

The Water Mesada

(Continued from Part 1) On the first day, we went into the ceremonial tent and lined up by the Mesa -- a table filled with ancient artifacts from the Chavin empire -- a pre Mayan civilization in Peru that used Huachuma as a sacred sacrament. Don Howard had explained the purpose of the Mesa and it’s importance in ceremony with Huachuma, but it was a somewhat daunting sight and so far removed from any concept of spirituality that I had ever experienced that I felt a little nervous and unsure of what I was getting myself into...

RELATED ARTICLES